SEO Tips to Optimize your Content- Part 3. This is our series of SEO tips and practices. In our earlier blogs, we have discussed SEO and backlinks for beginners.
We often think of SEO as a technical part that requires professional hands or skills to do. However, optimizing your content or article is not that difficult. You require these tips to follow and see your page ranking.
What is Content Optimization?
Content optimization is the process or art to increase your content to the right audience. Having done it right, it surely gains great traction to your content and, for sure, your website. Through Optimized content, not only are you able to reach the largest possible audience, but also it builds your brand recognition and credibility. It has several areas to be covered.
For a quicker look, it includes associated keywords, title tags, meta titles, relevant links, right keyword placement, visual images, and optimized title with the following heading format. Above all, creating optimized content is a prerequisite.
Your Content and Building trust
Before proceeding further, it’s very important to discuss the eminence of your content. There are two contradictions regarding achieving your optimized practices. The first is, trust-building and the second is the content. There have been riffs between the two. Earlier it was ‘your content is king’ and later, ‘building trust is king.’ However, having been in practice, the summary is that none can displace another. To build trust, having great content is important that catches the attention of the reader. And to create great content, you need to build trust. Nobody likes to read uncredible and below-par content.
- Must use credible sources to prove and authenticate what you are stating.
- Your content must be user-intent with simple language.
- Relevance is imperative.
- Write error-free, in active voice, and plagiarism-free content.
Apply these tips and see your SERP ranking high
Certain practices help your content rank, increase SERP, and play a role in monetization, and above all, it helps the reader find your content.
* SERP = Search Engine Result Pages.
An optimized title is key
The optimized title plays a big role in getting ranked and gaining traffic. For a new website, it’s important to play with low- competitive keywords that may help the readers to get you to search on search engines. The title must have the main keyword, crispy and attractive.
- With the help of tools, you need to find the right keyword, matching your niche.
- Beginner websites can’t compete with older websites. They already have great traffic, and the high-volume keywords will be of no use to you. So work on the low-competitive keyword.
- You may follow the KGR technique that will help you rank faster.
What are keywords?
There are two keywords; main or primary keywords and LSI (Latent Semitic Index) ) or secondary keywords.
After the selection of your title, you must be pretty sure what your main focused keyword is. Your primary keyword is on which you are writing a topic, your title. It may be one word or a whole sentence.
LSI or secondary keywords are those you may call the synonyms of your main focus keywords or related terms. If you are talking about the dress, the LSI may be related to it: clothes, pants, tops, formal office dress, party dress, etc.
The easy way to find LSI is when you search anything on google, and it shows ‘people also ask and related searches.’
Pro tip: try to go for long-tail keywords. They are relatively low competitive with low search volume.
How to do keyword placement?
Keyword placement is one of the crucial parts of optimizing your content. You can’t use the keywords everywhere. These tips will help you create SEO-friendly content.
- Your title must contain the main keyword.
- Your main keyword shall be around in the first- two lines of your introduction or sentence opening.
- Your main/body part of the content must have the main keyword.
- One of your headings other than the title must contain your keyword.
- It shall be around in the first lines or near to the conclusion.
- Meta description, title tags, permalink all must contain your keyword.
- You can use as many as related LSI headings and related LSI keywords in your content. They help in ranking your content.
- Use keywords when attaching visuals and infographics with alt-text.
Pro tip: Do not overuse the keywords. Relevancy is imperative. Embed the keywords naturally.
Use of Header Tags
Headers are the meat-and-potatoes tactics for SEO-friendly content. Not only do they make your content search engine friendly, but they also make your content scannable. Remember, using proper header tags make your content scannable and hence readable. Readable contents perform well in search engines.
- H1 tag header is used for topic/ title. The H1 is never repeated except for the title.
- Must use proper subsequent headers. H2 for main headings, then subheadings from H3- H6.
- These headers are used as listed snippet results in the Google search engine.
Keyword stuffing ruins you in the long term
Keyword stuffing is the practice of loading your content with keywords to signal the Google search engine to rank your content. Ranking and reaping the fruit of optimization takes time. Keyword stuffing is a shortcut and includes black-hat SEO practices. Checking the Keyword density of your content is the solution.
*Keyword stuffing may penalize your website from Google and SERP (Search engine result pages).
It’s easy to spot the keyword stuffing and avoid the following mistakes.
- Use of irrelevant keywords to your topics.
- Unnecessary use of main keywords and phrases.
- Use of out of context keywords.
- Hiding the keywords from the readers by using the font color of the background. Since the word is present so the search engines crawlers can detect it and rank your content, but it’s a wrong practice.
keyword density is a savor
Keyword density refers to the number of focused keywords used in your piece of content. Don’t get confused with every word that has been used. It takes with the main keyword, and google gets it with the main keyword used in the title and header H1.
- Keeping the keyword density 2 percent is the best practice. That means the focused keyword shall appear one-two time in every 100 words.
Optimizing your content takes a little bit of effort. It takes time, so don’t expect overnight results. However, it pays you off in the long run. Apply these tactics, which we’ve told you, and let us know how helpful it is.
Avoid keyword stuffing and learn the KGR technique to search for the best title for your niche and topic.
Pro tip: you can check your content on an online Yoast Content Analysis. You need to copy and paste your content.
If you are a blogger and have a website, you must install the Yoast plugin.
Authored by Afsheen Khan
Fujn fuses learning with earning in a fun way. Fujn is made by women for women. Ladies, dare to reimagine your possibilities! Check us out at www.Fujn.us, Fusion spelled F. U. J. N
#seo #searchengine #onlinesearch